Thursday, January 18, 2007

doncha just bloody hate it………

I am sure I am not alone in this. I am always thinking of ideas for a business. I have come to the conclusion that I can not and should not work for people. I am just not suited to the life on an employee. Previous employment history (chequered) proves this and strengthens my resolve to be self-employed.

So I am always thinking of what I can do. I firmly believe that to be good at something you have to be passionate about it. So I always look to what I am passionate about for inspiration. A few nights ago, I lay awake thinking about a problem tree that I have (not here – no trees), back home there is a tree that I worry will one day land on my house. I love trees, love them but this tests the love. What do you do, leave it there and hope the insurance will cover and damage. Hope to god that when the day comes no one will be in the house, big tree, small house, I know who would be the looser there! Or, do I cut the tree down, horror, I have just contemplated sacrificing a beautiful tree (all trees are beautiful) just to make me feel more secure.

So the internal dialogue continued, ‘’you can’t cut it down’’, ‘’it will flatten me’’, ‘’ya but it’s a tree, you can just cut it down to make you feel better’’, ‘’ya, but it will FLATTEN me,’’…………..
So I started thinking about moving it, it should be possible, get a big enough root ball and it has a good chance of survival.

So then the idea of transplanting mature trees as a business cropped up. Buying trees from people that would otherwise be cut down and selling them to people, developers, urban councils, etc.

So the next day I was all excited about my brainwave, went on t’internet and found this

http://www.treefind.com/

bugger

fantastic idea though, love it, hate them, love the idea, my idea, bastards…….

But seriously, I wish them all the luck in the world and the thought of trees being saved makes me feel all warm inside……

still kinda hate them though

No comments: