Wednesday, January 31, 2007

and so to bed............

Whats in a change?

When you need a change what does that mean, I need a change, a big change, I am opting for a change of location, this seems to be the elixir that my life needs at the moment, it is a constant thought in my mind, this upcoming change, all will be well after I make the move, all will be calm and good, am I setting myself up for a fall, after all a change in location is just that, different place but the same person,
So what is so good about this move that my life will change for the better, there is a lot going for it believe me, a lot that I know will improve my life, my quality of life is definitely going to be way better, my standard of living is going to be way lower but that is ok, I have realised that there is a distinction between quality of life and standard of living, they don’t necessarily go hand in hand or to use a more scientific term they are not ‘’directly proportional’’ to each other.

I used to think that they were, well that is not exactly true, I did not think that much about it, I just assumed that they went hand in hand, I have come to realised that that is not the case, I am not a rich person who is feeling sorry for themself, believe me, but a period of misery has made me really think about what I want in life, form my life, and everything has been simplified a lit, I have realised that simple things make me happy, not the things that used to make me happy, I guess it is an age thing, or is it just that it has taken me a long time to realise it and therefore mistakenly put it down to age, I am sure that many more self aware people have realised this a lot sooner, so I take that back, its not an age thing, its just a speed of thought thing, some people get there quicker, some people never get there, so they are either very slow thinkers or they just don’t bother to think in the first place

The constant chasing of dreams is an exhausting one and one sadly that is rarely fulfilled, this is a bit depressing but I suppose you learn to adjust your dreams so that something is achievable, otherwise why would you get out of bed in the first place

Hmmm bed……..

No comments: