Thursday, February 01, 2007

pendulum.....state of mind

Just been out ‘’doing my thing’’, i.e. working, back now, tired, hate early mornings, I am quite impressed with myself because when I have an early morning start I keep waking up during the night, checking the clock to make sure I haven’t slept in, it does mean though that when the time does come to get up I have had a carp nights sleep and am bloody exhausted, impressed by my conscientiousness though, there was a time when oh to often alarms were slept through, in my line of work this is a bad thing, what I do has strict deadlines and if they are not met there is bloody hell to pay, not a good start to the day realizing that you have really buggered up, but since my recent change (trying to be as coy as possible) the sleeping in crap seems to be well behind me, gone to the other extreme now, that is just so typical of me though, never such a thing as a happy medium, its one feckin’ extreme or the other, it would be nice to lead your life in the ‘’happy medium’’ state, a lot less drama I am sure, a nice quite life, sounds nice, must work on that, I was thinking ‘’who am I kidding’’ as I wrote that last sentence, I just don’t seem to be wired that way, maybe it just comes with a lot of practice and self control, self control is another thing I find myself sorely lacking in, so much room for improvement, so little chance of that happening, I once heard a wise woman (Joanna Lumley) say ‘’you can blame your parents until you are 25, then after that it is all up to you’’. I find myself on that wrong side of that statement. Pity.

did you knwo that pendulum also spells dune lump, which is what i am turning into, the longer i stay in the desert the fatter and lazier i am getting.

No comments: