Sunday, February 18, 2007

forgotten art

Spent my day yesterday riffling through my belongings, trying to get them into some kind of order. God, I love packing, love it. I have just discovered this new love. I do not think the actual toil and tedium of sorting out stuff is what stimulates me but what this means, leaving, wey-hey!!

I would not consider myself to be a hoarder, quite the opposite in fact. I was called ‘’heartless’ yesterday because of how I regarded old cards, letters, etc. When I came across an old letter or card from someone I love it does make you feel good. I do not feel the need to keep them though, hence the heartless remark. I then found myself agreeing to keep these things just so I that did not appear like a cold person.

Now I have quite a collection of stuff that I do not want. Does that make me a bad person, when someone sends a card do they expect it to be stored away for years? I know I don’t expect people to hold my crappy handwriting and stupid cards in such high regard.

I have recently re-discovered the joys of sending letters, yes actual letters, written by hand with a pen on paper. I do miss spell checks but at the same time I don’t miss some bloody pc telling me that they way I spell stuff is wrong just because I do not use the bastardised (yes, with an s, not a z) version of english that it wants to enforce on users. I actually had to delete the z in ‘’bast’’ to an s because it was automatically changed, the cheek. My letter writing is reserved for one person who does not and would not have access to email. So out of necessity I put pen to paper. Really enjoy letter writing but it is a shame that my hand writing is so crap, my national school teacher said that if a hen’s claw was dipped in ink the marks it left on the ground would be more legible that my writing.

My previous image of a sweet old woman getting joy from reading me letters has just altered to that of some poor old lady squinting in the light and adjusting her glasses in frustration as she tries to make sense of my scrawl. That’ll teach her for not having a bloody pc.

No comments: