Tuesday, January 23, 2007

sunny day

The outlook for today is sunny. Outside, it has been raining all day, maybe that has something to do with it!

Hmm…………..

Found out today that i have perfect vision and perfect hearing.

I will start at the beginning, it is a bit of a long one…….

For the last 3 months (really about 6) my eyes have been bugging me, feeling lots of pressure in them (me eyes), so naturally thought that age was messing around with my sight as well as everythingfeckin’else, bloody bitch…

So got my eyes tested fairly soon after this started, always liked glasses, would like to wear them, think they add a lot of character to a face, for this reason only, nope, no glasses for me, perfect vision, ok not my vision, that is when the thoughts of more serious eye problems started floating around my head, so total denial kicked in and then did not get anything done for about 6 months, ya ya I know, very mature……….

So went to the ophthalmologist today to get it over with, after looking into loadsa dodgy machines, having my eyelids inverted, my actual eyes anaesthetized, my eyeball pressure checked (who knew!!) nothing, zip, all is perfect, got some bloody eye drops, which reminds me………..

I have just put eye drops in my eyes for the very first time (well one in each eye, 4 or 5 around my eyes, beginner…

Everything is blurred to buggery now, gimme me a minute…….

Ok, where was I?

I also found out that I do not have something lodged in my ears, for years I have been certain that there was some kind of blockage in both of my ear canals, only when I was cleaning my ears with a q-tip did I get this sensation but I always got it, now most people would have gone and gotten this checked but for some reason it never really bothered me, I presumed that it was some piece of something went in there and over time wax built up around it, my own little wax pearl! Anyway, it never really bothered me except sometimes when I thought about what the alien object might have been, pieces of dirt I am fine with, earwigs not so fine, so anyway for reasons not fully known to me, I let it lie (denial, fear of earwigs, apathy, amongst others).

So anyway on my way from the ophthalmologist office I saw the ENT sign so signed up for a consultation there……

in for a penny………

my ears were examined and there was nothing in my ears, neither ear, the nice ear lady, said my ears are very clean, didn’t tell her that was form all the time I spend trying to dislodge the mystery (apparently very mystery) objects from my ear with excessive amounts of q-tips.

I have always thought my hearing was a bit crap as well, convinced that many ecstatic hours of my youth spent up against speakers in clubs ‘feeling the bass’’ as I danced with carefree (reality free) abandon had taken it’s toll, again not to bothered, my misspent youth dancing in clubs will never be a thing that I would have changed, one definite keeper of my past, some of my happiest hours, where was I, ya so thought that was to blame for me saying ‘’wha?’’ all the time, not so apparently, I have perfect hearing.

So, my eyes are fine, my ears are fine, it’s all good, need to direct my obsessive nature towards something else and cut down on the q-tips, also, have realised that my are ears not the problem I am just not good at listening…

Bugger, forgot to ask her why I always coughed and sneezed when I went at it with the q-tips, now I may never know……

No comments: